Sunday 19 April 2009

19th April, 2009

Today's weather;

Time to catch up again, for almost 2 days I had no access to my blogs but it seems that everything is restored again, I can also read my own blogs again. Makes me very happy! It makes me wonder of you, my readers also had problems getting through to my URL's. I'd love some feedback on this.

In Samui a blue sky is shaping up and it looks like it's going to be a very hot day again. The current temp at 7 am is 27C.

Yesterday was steaming hot again, max temp reached 34C. Around 10 pm there was a very strong and loud thunder and lightning mini storm for about half an hour with lots of rain.
The fore casts for the next couple of days show a lot of cloud cover, strong wind but not much rain for Samui. The whole region seems to be covered under clouds.

The Songkran holiday is now officially over and it's very sad but the death toll of this 'mad' week was higher than last year with 5 more victims but injuries and accidents were down compared to last year.

The last two days I've been to Choengmon beach in the late afternoon to swim and play there with the family. The first day upon returning, there was a mini crowd near the new 7-11, near our house. A big snake was lying on the side of the road and a lot of Samui rescue workers were standing around, trying to catch it. I rushed home to get my camera but when I returned the big snake was beaten to death and I could only get this shot in, still dripping wet from the ocean, how they put the death snake into a bag. Very shortly afterwards the snake and it';s bag were taken off on a motorbike, most likely to be transformed in some kind of meal.

It's good to be back and I hope you enjoy my ramblings again.

Camille

1 comment:

Happy Dive Station said...

welcome back. i had no problems to read your blog lately.