Sunday 3 August 2008

3rd August, 2008

Today's weather;

A dark, grey sky welcomed me to this new day and soon afterwards it started to hose down. It's raining cats and dogs right now. Not the kind of August weather one would expect right now, unfortunately. Current temp at 7 am is 25.7C.

Yesterday saw a day with overcast pretty much all day long and occasionally there was a drizzle for a few moments. Nothing serious though. Max temp reached the lower thirties.

Two days ago a big drug ring was busted on Samui, during a raid on the island by the Thai DEA, 30 people got arrested and 13 locations got searched. The US DEA was also involved in this operation.

Camille

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Camille

Ive been reading your blog for some time its reaslly helpfull as Im planning on bringing my family including a 4 year old to samui and on to Koh Phangan for the last 2 weeks of August !

Im really hoping the weather improves as this is the first time theyve been to thailand and ireally want them to se it at its best . Any idea on the long range forecast ?

Im wondering also if you can help me - I want to bget to Tong Nai Pan Noi -is this possible by boat -any idea of cost ?

Im pleased the thais are breaking up the drug rings for the farangs -its ruining the islands.

Thats why we're trying north east of koh phngan - unless you tell me differently...

We may be staying at a place called Mae Pen Rai -do you know this place -any feed back would be appreciated..

Kepp up the good work and thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

The time you take is of interest and does help others..

Kind Regards

Dave

Camille Lemmens said...

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your enquiry and comments about my blog.

Regarding Koh Phangan, I don't know too much about this island, but there's a shuttle service between the ferry and the bay, but I'm not sure if it's by car (which I assume) or by boat (unlikely). I'm afraid I can't tell you anything about rates. If you pre-booked a hotel, I'm sure that the hotel can arrange for a transfer. I'm also not familiar with Mae Pen Rai (which is Thai and means don't worry). It's time for myself to start exploring Koh Phangan myself!

The weather should improve drastically in August, it's actually very nice today!