Tuesday 1 April 2008

Welcome to April 2008

Welcome to April 2008

April is generally the warmest month of the year on Samui, by far!

It just becomes steaming hot, so hot that you just sit outside and the sweat runs off you! Time for a nice cold one!!

The diving is also excellent in April, great vis and plenty of big fishes, including Whaleshark sightings during this months. For more info, see my dive website or my dive blog.

One real good and nice thing during April is, that each year the Songkran festival or the Thai New Year is celebrated between 13 and 15 April. Last year there was very unusual rain during Songkran!

A great time to visit Thailand and Samui, so I hope to see you around soon!

Camille

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hi,
I am planning to go to Samui on 12-15 April and am looking around for what the weather's like there.
I've been through a few weather forecast websites and they all have the rainy symbols in the coming weeks. I'm wondering is it that bad the weather will be in April this year? Or is it like that in Samui that it often rains during the day and sunny for the rest of the day?
Hope you can give me some hints.
Thanks!

Camille Lemmens said...

Hi Steve,

It's unlikely to have ain in April, although we had some last year! If there's rain than most likely it will be a quick shower followed by sunshine the rest of the day.

Out of experience you should have splendid weather in the period mentioned by you.

Unknown said...

Hi Camille,

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I have now booked everything and will be in Koh Samui in 3 days time!

Camille Lemmens said...

Hi Steve,

You're welcome and I hope that you will have a splendid time on Samui during your stay.

The 13th will be Songkran, the Thai New Year and it's gonne be a memorable day, especially if you haven't witnessed it before!

Unknown said...

Hi Camille,

Yes I realise it is Thai New Year on the 13th. My friend told me that I will get very wet during those days, but anyway Koh Samui is on the seaside :)

Luckily I arrive on the 12th, otherwise I'll have to wear my swimming trunks on my flight to Samui!

Camille Lemmens said...

Enjoy Songkram, a very wet day indeed,on purpose!

Looks like you'll have a blast!